Tuesday 18 June 2013

My encounters with two lady financial advisors

I had encounters with 4 insurance agents from the time I bought my first policy. 

The first agent would pick me up from my workplace and take me to restaurants to have meals a few times. Then I bought my first policy from the lady and she even gave me vouchers for my birthday. Guess what? I never heard from her again. The meals and vouchers are nice gestures but I was hoping she would follow up as I bought many policies a couple of years later. This time from a different agent. 

The second agent was apparently the top agent in the whole company. She showed me photographs and certificates. I also received letters from the company saying she was the top producer and so on. I was impressed when she personally came over to deliver the documents in a nice folio. I was an easy customer and did not use up too much of her time. She was very busy with the number of clients she was serving and hired personal assistants. The following year on there was no more news from this agent who simply vanished into thin air but I know she is still with the company due to the award letters I receive from time to time. Very experienced, great sales, nice presentation but no follow up and genuine interest in me at least. I can't say for the rest of her customers. Again I wished she kept in touch as I had another child and needed to purchase more plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment